Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ups & Downs

Ugh. My day has kind of crashed to a close... One of the good parts of the day is when I was requested to write a letter of recommendation for my old boss. I was happy to do it. And the secretary I had read over it said my letter was very good. All I really wrote about was how my professor was my boss and teacher as well as my friend. And how we learn the most from our friends, not necessarily teachers who are only there to teach.

And then I came to the realization that I don't like my new boss. He's not a friend at all. He's a boss. He's not someone who's going to encourage you. He just wants results. And I can't stand it. And I don't think he can stand me either. I believe he's trying to sabotage my extracurricular activities. I don't think he believes in having time outside of the lab. And top that all off with being sexist. Since I have two x chromosomes, I get to clean up after everyone else. I'm sorry, but I fully believe in the unwritten rule of clean up after yourself.

It's a love/hate relationship. I love who I work with. I enjoy what I'm doing for the most part. I just don't enjoy my boss. Maybe we just have different values and can't see eye to eye with each other. I know I'm the type of person who needs gratification every once in a while. A simple "good job" would do (instead of the "you messed this up" that I get every once in a while). And he seems to be the kind of person who is a professor/boss and nothing more.

Ugh... I'm frustrated. And it's days like these that make me want to shoot the school down.

No comments:

Post a Comment