Friday, January 22, 2010

Stir Crazy

So, Gizmo's going a little stir crazy as of late.  And I have no idea why.  Well, I'm pretty sure the fact that I'm at work/school for 8 to 10 hours everyday isn't helping...

1.  He has now decided that pooing in the kennel is his norm.  Now, I know he has anxiety issues when being left alone, but he knows pooing in the kennel is not the answer.  It's only going to piss me off.  So, he should probably fix that problem soon...

2.  He follows me like a lost puppy every time I get up and move.  And every time I am standing, he paws at my leg to try to get me to hold him.  And when this is done every ten seconds, it just pisses me off even more.  And then he gets yelled at.  Clearly, he is having some attachment issues with me.  And because of my long work days, he probably feels abandoned by me.

3.  While going outside to go potty, he happened upon some gum that I didn't see him take.  I'm sure he loves the neighbor kids who believe the stairwell is their garbage can for their unwanted food.  A half hour later, I'm doing homework while Gizmo's on his bed making some kind of noise.  At first, I thought he was grooming himself (much like what a cat does) because I heard licking.  And then I looked and realized he was making some kind of chewing/chomping noise.  Yes, he was chewing on gum.  Kind of horrified, I tore it out of his mouth, and he got punished for bringing in gum.

4.  Gizmo has decided he wants popcorn while watching the movie.  As soon as he sees Jared grab some popcorn, Gizmo goes for Jared's hand.  This is out of his norm because Gizmo is usually a well-behaved dog. He'll sit right next to you and beg (because he knows it's effective).  He won't go for what's in your hand (because he knows he'll get punished and not get any food).  Anyways, Gizmo was pushed aside and told no.  So, what does Gizmo do?  He sees Jared about to eat the popcorn.  And I guess Jared's not very effective at putting the whole popcorn piece in his mouth.  Because Gizmo ran up to Jared's face and grabbed the piece of popcorn out of his mouth.

Yeah, I think Gizmo's having some major issues as of late.  And the fact that I can't find his toys because they're packed somewhere in one of the boxes we haven't unpacked yet, he's had to make use with what's available to him.

I may just have to kill my dog...  (Sarcasm at its best just in case it doesn't pass through the computer.)



No comments:

Post a Comment