Saturday, January 23, 2010

Two Weeks

So, it has been two weeks since we moved in. And I'm still unpacking stuff. Kind of pathetic. But considering this is actually the first day I've almost had off in a long time, I finally have time to unpack.

My day's been relaxing and kind of boring. And I loved it. I definitely couldn't do it every day, but I like the offset of working 24/7. And I did get out of the house and go to work for an hour. It was nice that I spent the majority of the day inside my house. And I took Gizmo on a long walk after bathing him and brushing his teeth (not an easy feat). So, Gizmo loves me today.

I've unpacked quite a lot. I unpacked most of my picture frames. We bought some sticking tape stuff that doesn't leave holes or residue to hang stuff up in the house. And after messing some frames up a few times, I found out that the sticking tape really does work when taking it off of stuff. Some of my frames have the hanger right in the middle, so I kind of hoped if I put the tape to the side of the middle, it would be able to hold off the gravitational force as well as the momentum force that the tape to the side would cause. Boy was I wrong. One of the frames broke. And after a few hours of trying to super glue it back together, I got the awesome idea of using the tape to hold it together. My frame is all better and now stuck to the wall... I also bought some putty stuff that goes well with attaching paper/posters to the walls. Apparently, a small mirror is too heavy for the putty as I found out the hard way. But not everything has gone against me today. While accomplishing almost nothing, at least I unpacked a little...

Oh, and did I mention I found one of Gizmo's toys? I found his squeeky bear. He spent the next hour running around like a maniac squeeking the brains out of his bear. He was so excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment