Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend Fun

So, I took Gizmo on a walk today.  Lately, I've been walking him everyday, and we've been walking about two to three miles everyday.  Sadly, he doesn't get that tired from it all.  Every time we're going outside, he's begging to go walking again.

Anyways, on the walk, we encountered another dog.  It was a Golden Retriever.  And Gizmo got all huffy and had to act like he was a big shot.  And when he does that, I'll let him do that instead of protect him (however, I won't let him bark or growl, only excitement can overtake him).  And then Gizmo realized the other dog wasn't on a leash.  And then the dog came running at us.  And Gizmo ran and tried to hide behind me.  The other dog only wanted to say hi like almost all other dogs, but Gizmo hates saying hi to big dogs.  So, I grabbed Gizmo and he crawled up my arm like a friggin cat (claws and all).  Without thinking, I told the other dog to sit.  Funny thing is she listened to me.  She sat, and let me pet her.  And then a girl came to get the dog and scold her for running off on her.

That's one thing I like about my dog.  He listens when he wants to run off, and we tell him no.  Sometimes, he wants to say hi to small dogs, but he waits for our approval (which usually doesn't happen since he rarely lets another dog say hi to him).  When he wants to say hi to people, he'll usually get excited at a distance.  And then he'll stay in step with us.  Typically, he doesn't run off to another person until he knows they're talking to him.

So, my weekend was overall enjoyable.  I made piña coladas on friday.  And they were awesome.  Rum is probably my favorite alcohol.  And then we experimented with mixing drinks on saturday.  The drink consisted of a few citrus fruit juices, some orange liqueur mixers, and vodka.  It was surprisingly pretty good.

Now I need to go finish my homework and prepare myself for another monday.  But at least life has been good lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment