Thursday, February 11, 2010

San Jose

I'm going to San Jose, California tomorrow.  Exciting.  There's a bowling tournament.  And even though I am absolutely horrible at bowling, I am going.  I got a new ball also.  It's heavier than my other one, and I haven't quite figured out how to perfect it.

So, I had a test this morning in my general chemistry 2 class.  The class is taught at 8:30 am; so I rarely go to class just because I enjoy my sleep.  Anyways, I spent probably four hours last night (10 pm - 2 am) cramming four weeks worth of stuff into my head.  And let me tell you, it works for me.  Although I'm pretty sure my prior knowledge in physical chemistry, biochemistry, and organic chemistry helps.  I missed two questions on the test. 23 out of 25.  Exciting.  I just might be able to pull an A out of this class without ever really attending it.  Sweet.

And then one of our friends came to our house to look at the dryer.  He fixed it.  I'm so happy.  There were quite a few things wrong with it:  a spring was loose, the drum was off-centered, and there was six inches of lint inside.  The lint had some nice scorch marks; I'm assuming that was the culprit of the burning smell.  But our dryer works now.  Yay!

And then I had to drive down to Salt Lake to drop off the Gizmo.  He wasn't too happy about it.  Whenever we go down, he tends to stay at my mom's while me and Jared go to other places.  So, he probably had a feeling that I was going to leave him.  Oh well.  He'll survive.  But I miss him now.

I also filed my taxes while in Salt Lake.  A very pleasant surprise occurred.  We are getting a big tax return back because of our student status.  Apparently, the American Opportunity Credit will give you money back just for paying tuition.  It was an awesome surprise.  And it's helping to alleviate some of my financial worries.

So...  Today was a good day.  A very good day.  I should probably go to bed now...

No comments:

Post a Comment