Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Luck Gone Wrong

So...  Saturday was probably one of my days where I hate being so dang lucky.  It was a day for bad luck and lots of it came my way that day.

First off, I wanted to spend the morning cleaning up my home since I never have time for it anyways.  I was doing the laundry.  And then the dryer broke down.  So, I had to spend my time trying to figure out what's wrong with it.  We still don't know what's wrong with it, but we're guessing it has to do with the motor since the belts are still intact.  My step-dad's going to look at it eventually.  But what'll probably happen is we'll have to buy a new used dryer to replace ours.

And then...  We were planning on going down to Salt Lake right after Jared got off of work.  Well, the dryer stalled us for a bit.  But then we were ready.  We get in the car.  And me being an idiot; somehow, I manage to pull the rear-view mirror off of the windshield.  Yeah, I was mad.  Super-glue wouldn't work.  And since it's illegal to drive without the mirror and knowing how lucky I am, I was not risking the drive without that mirror.  So, we had to go to Autozone and spend a half hour attaching the mirror back to the windshield.

We finally arrived in Salt Lake a lot later than expected.  But that wasn't going to bring us down.  Until the stupid check engine light came on.  Ugh...  What else could go wrong?  I'm assuming that my car is doing the usual and nothing too serious.

Is it bad for me to want new things and not old things?  I know I should count my blessings and be grateful for what I have.  But sometimes, I feel like I'm barely moving an inch forward while the rest of the world throughs me back two feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment