Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wisconsin

I am back in the frigid cold of Logan.  My family gave me weird looks when I was shivering in Salt Lake yesterday.  Utah is still 20 degrees colder than Wisconsin.  And let me tell you, the weather was a rude awakening for me when I hit Wisconsin.

Anyways, my day began at four in the morning last Wednesday.  The joys of living 1.5 hours away from the airport.  And then I got onto an airplane going to Chicago.  And you know what's more annoying than a really high-pitched four year old who talks nonstop?  Having that same said child speaking Chinese nonstop while sitting behind you on the airplane.  Needless to say, I was kicked for three hours straight all while listening to high-pitched Chinese jibberish.  I didn't catch up on sleep like I was hoping.  But oh well, maybe the kid enjoyed the flight.

And then I was in the O'Hare airport.  Never been there.  I think they need to implement some sort of underground train like the Atlanta airport has.  I swear I walked more than fifteen blocks to the other end of the airport to hit my connecting gate.  At least I got my exercise in, right?

I eventually hit Wisconsin.  I had the chance to walk around and enjoy the sites.  But it was 80 degrees there and humid.  Needless to say, I was dying.  So, when I got back to the hotel, I changed into pj's and pulled my hair back.  Then I passed out for what I thought would be an hour.  Silly Blackberry phones don't recognize time changes.  And apparently, three instead of eight hours of sleep from the night before messes with my ability to tell which time is correct...


On the University of Wisconsin campus.  It's a huge campus, and I was only on one end of it.  So, I took a few pictures of the buildings and scenery...



I want to have a castle on my school's campus...  I thought this building was hilariously awesome.


One of the two lakes that is in Madison, Wisconsin.  In case you were wondering, Madison is surrounded by two lakes (not the Great Lakes; it's an hour and a half to Milwaukee which is next to Lake Michigan).  There were a lot of boating and water stuff going on.  So different from Utah.


So, I woke up three minutes before I was supposed to meet an Epi( employee for dinner.  I'm so glad that I'm not one who has to primp myself when getting ready.  I changed and brushed my hair, then ran to the hotel's elevator.  Did I mention that I had a Governor's Club room where you had to use a key card to gain access to my level?  Yeah, hotel royalty was awesome, lol.

Anyways, my nerves finally got the best of me the night before the interview.  I woke up a few times in the middle of the night; I wasn't going to be taken by surprise with the time difference again.  I had a bad dream that caused me to jerk awake with cold sweats.  Yeah, I was getting nervous.

And then the day came.  I went to Epi(.  The whole day felt more like I was being introduced to the company than an actual interview.  Sure, I took some assessments and had an actual interview.  But I guess it really felt surreal.  I hope I get this job.  The work environment was amazing.  And I think I would fit in well and enjoy my work.  I won't hear back from Epi( for another two weeks though.  So...  I'm excited and keeping my fingers crossed!!


The Capitol Building in Madison.  Did you know they have the biggest capitol building other than the one in Washington, DC?  Yeah, I didn't know that either.  It was big.  And there's a gold statue on the top.  It made me think of an LDS temple which made me laugh...


One of the conference rooms at Epi(.  This one had a space theme.  Those are glass-stained windows also.  All of their conference rooms are themed.  They're amazing looking.


One view of the campus.  The landscaping is amazing.  And the company is very steered towards to being environmentally-friendly.  The parking is underground, geothermal heating and cooling is used, and the left-over building materials were used to build a tree house.  I didn't get a picture of the tree house though.


Yes, they have a water fall.  And you walk under it in the tunnel.  All of the buildings are connected together (except for one or two I think).  That way, you don't have to brave the cold weather in the winter.


All of their buildings have different themes.  This building was jungle-themed.  I had to take a picture of the main entrance area.


What does this tunnel resemble?  I'll give you a hint, it's a movie that involves Harrison Ford.  Yeah, this walkway is themed after the Indiana Jones scene where there's a boulder chasing him.  And there's even eerie music playing in this tunnel, haha.

Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming my way.  I hope I get this job.  I'd be a perfectly happy person if I got it.  But in the meanwhile, I guess I'll get back on track with the job search...

1 comment: