Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

When a door closes, a window opens.  The only problem is I have a few windows open, and the door never really closed.  Granted, there are screens in the windows that I need to punch out.  Difficult life-changing decisions.  Ugh...

I talked to my boss today.  And he truly is a nice guy.  Sure, we had a rough start in the beginning.  But what can you expect from a crazy, headstrong college student?  I'm just glad he puts up with me and is willing to help me with the research.  But anyways, come to find out, I will have funding for my Master's Degree if I so choose to continue with my Master's Degree.  So, that option is still open to me.

I feel a little bit better about it all now.  I thought I didn't have funding and that I was just a poor excuse of a bio-engineer.  Well, I'm happy to say that my department doesn't think that way about me.  And I guess I shouldn't think that way about myself either.

Anyways, now I don't know what to do.  The idea of not being dirt-broke is so appealing.  And I know I could go back and get my Master's Degree whenever I want and have the company pay for it.  I don't know what to do.  The idea of finally owning a house is very appealing to me.

I guess I could hope to get the best of both worlds.  One of the jobs I'm applying for is in Logan.  If I got that job, I could still continue with my Master's Degree at Utah State.  Granted, I'd be super-super busy and slower at getting my degree.  But I wouldn't be poor.  I'd be able to go to fancy restaurants with my husband, and we'd be able to have mini-vacations.

Cross your fingers for me.  Or pray.  Or think happy thoughts for me.  I know I'll be praying, crossing my fingers, and definitely thinking happy thoughts as I go through these interviews.  I know I'm an amazing person and worker.  The only problem is I also know my shortfalls and tend to think a little too heavily on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment