Saturday, January 22, 2011

Books

So, I finished my Vampire Academy book a while back and kind of took a small break from books.  But I've jumped back onto the bandwagon...  If I didn't have to work so much, I'd be reading more.  On the days that I don't work, I'm still averaging around 3-400 pages a day.  But considering the fact that I almost always work on Saturdays...  I guess I'll have to make do with one to two books a week...

The Boleyn Inheritance
I read this in December.  A break form my supernatural fix.  Of course, this is My Henry/England fix.  I enjoy reading these books, but the fact that all the women end up beheaded makes for a depressing ending.  And I think this book really made me hate King Henry VIII.  He was a spoiled-rotten child, and all of English royalty let him get away with it.  It's sad how men had all of the power, yet they needed their sisters and nieces to hold onto that power.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, Book 1)
Jared got me this book for Christmas.  I believe I read it all in a day and a half (Christmas weekend).  It's a prequel to the Mortal Instruments Series.  I enjoyed it.

Bitten: A Novel (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1) Stolen: A Novel (Otherworld)
Dime Store Magic Industrial Magic
I did mention starting the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong...  Well, I started it.  And I'm enjoying them.  The first two books are from a werewolf's perspective.  The second two are from a witch's perspective.  Pretty much, the author varies with the narrator.  I thought I'd hate that at first, but I'm still enjoying the books after being handed off to a new narrator.  Jared got me a book from this series, but it wasn't the first one.  So, once I get through the series, I'll hit his book.

Jared worked so hard on finding books that could potentially be very enjoyable for me.  They're all the beginning of a new supernatural series (except for the Kelley Armstrong one).  So, I've got my reading list for the next little bit...

Also, the next book in the Dark Swan series comes out two days before my birthday.  I told Jared it'd make for a great birthday gift, but I'm not waiting until my birthday to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment