Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Timeline

As promised, my timeline...  I might add to it as the week goes on (it's a work in progress).

2011
Not sure what I have planned for this year.  I do know that I will continue to pay off my credit cards.  I am hoping to finish paying off at least two of them.  Jared will be going back to school in the fall (or summer).  So, we'll see how all of that goes.  I expect this year to be pretty normal and boring, but yet I'll be able to better my financial situation.  And as long as Jared and I are happy with where we are, who cares?

2012
Ever since I was a teenager, I had decided that 24 was an appropriate age to start having kids.  But then again, I was living in Utah.  What was I thinking?  No, my life will probably continue with working full time.  But the new thing is Jared and I will probably start looking into buying a house.  This will be a really exciting moment in time.  And I really do look forward to it.

2013
I'm not sure where I plan to be at this point in time.  Hopefully, all of that nasty credit card debt will be done with, and I will be halfway through paying off my student loans.  And maybe Jared and I will have some extra time to travel near and far.  Maybe we'll be able to leave the country for the first time in our lives (yes, I know I'm sheltered ---  that's what I get for not being brought up in an uber-wealthy and adventurous family).

2014
The farther into the future, the less I'm certain of where I'll be.  Mainly because I don't know where I'll want to be.  Maybe I'll be at the point where I want to start having kids.  Maybe I'll still want my life to be all about me.  Who knows?  What I do know is I plan on working where I work for at least five years.  And at this point in time, I'll have only worked there for four.  So, not quite there.  And I don't know if I want to be a full-time worker while being a full-time mom.  Good thing I have three years to decide...

2015
By this time, hopefully Jared will have graduated.  And it will be his time to shine.  Whether we decide Madison is appropriate for us or if there's another city calling our name, who knows?  However, if we do stay in Madison and I'm still working, I will hit my five year mark.  And that means Sabbatical...  Jared and I will definitely leave the country for the month and fully enjoy every moment of it.

Here's to the years to come.  The future that's full of life and hope.  I'm excited to see what life brings Jared and me...

No comments:

Post a Comment