Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sleep

So, our neighbors like to watch tv every night at 10 pm.  They also watch it at 6 am.  Never fails...  It's so annoying that I can tell you when they went on vacation (the week after Christmas) because there was no tv noise.  Anyways, this has made sleep really difficult for me for the last few months (it's the neighbors-below-us's bedroom tv).  So, I finally left them a note telling them to turn it down after 10.  What do you know?  They listened.  I don't know if they forwent the tv or just turned it down, but I didn't hear it.  Needless to say, the last two nights have been the best nights of sleep I've had in a long time.  And it's not just me, Jared says he slept better also.

I'm so happy, I could give my neighbors a box of chocolates with a thank you note for turning it down.  But I think that's kind of overkill.  Also, rewarding someone for stopping an action that they weren't supposed to do to begin with is kind of backwards...

Did I mention I can be a super light sleeper?  When the heater turns on and air goes through the vents, that can wake me up sometimes...  So listening to a tv all night when I despise tv to begin with, it wasn't fun (I wanted to bang my head against a wall every time I had to listen to a stupid commercial).

No comments:

Post a Comment