Saturday, June 5, 2010

Point in Life

I don't know what to do with myself.  I've been reading a lot lately.  Pretty much a book a day.  And I love to read.  But it makes my life fail in comparison.  I need a new point in my life right now.  A lot of my points in life involved going to school and finishing school.  And I succeeded and finished school.  While I could say now I want a Master's Degree, I just can't because I don't want to lie to myself.  I don't want my Master's Degree.  I'd be perfectly content without it, and maybe I'll want it later.

And then another point in my life was to fall in love and get married and yada yada.  Well, I succeeded in that.  I married my high school sweet heart, and we are very much in love.  And yes, I have thought about when the kids will come.  But frankly, I don't want them.  Right now, I want to live for myself and not for someone else, even if that someone else will be the pride and joy of my life.  I can barely handle a four pound dog scratching at my legs to get my attention when I'm busy doing something.  I can't imagine what it'd be like to have a 40 pound two year old with a loud obnoxious voice trying to get my attention.  And no, I'm not exaggerating the weight.  If my kids take after my family genes, they'll be toddler football players.  If they take after Jared's family genes, they'll be smaller than cabbage patch dolls.  Maybe, our kids will fall somewhere in between.  Doubtful though...  My mom pretty much cursed me by saying she hopes I have a kid just like me.  Sure, I turned out all right in the end.  But I definitely left a few marks along the path that I took to get here.

Anyways...  I want a career.  I want a job that makes my time worthwhile.  I want something that I can appreciate and be proud to work at.  And I want a salary that will let me pay off my student loans and still let me save up for a house.

There's a lot of things I want.  And I go in between being patient and impatient.  But I guess that's why I read nowadays.  I can at least run away into my books now and again...

Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires, Book 1) The Dead Girls' Dance (Morganville Vampires, Book 2)
What I've read...

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5) Midnight Alley (Morganville Vampires, Book 3)
What I'm currently reading...

The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, Book 4) Extras (Uglies)
What I will read...

Yeah, I read a lot of vampire books if you haven't noticed already.  I think enjoying vampire novels is a trait I got from my mom...  So blame her if you disapprove (not that I care if you disapprove or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment