Sunday, September 5, 2010

Arboretum

We went and explored the arboretum yesterday.  I know I was expecting trees and a lot of nature, but it truly wasn't what I expected.  It was very reminiscent of going into the mountains in Utah to see the sites and hike.  Only, the ground's flat; so the hikes are a lot easier.

Yeah, it was a little anti-climatic for me.  But oh well.  It was nice to get out and explore.  I'll have to go visit it again in the middle of fall to see all of the awesome colors.  Next up is the zoo.  The zoo here is completely free and it's an actual zoo (not like the one in Logan that has mainly birds).  It'll be exciting...

Speaking of fall, the corn stalks are beginning to brown.  Summer is ending and fall is coming.  I'm excited to see the colors.  And I'm a little anxious about the winter.  But we'll see how it turns out.  This weekend has been fairly cold.  Our high has been around 65-70 degrees this weekend.  It's supposed to warm back up tomorrow, but we'll see.





No comments:

Post a Comment