Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fly

So, this week has just gone by quick.  A lot of stuff has happened.

Jared and I flew to Georgia Saturday morning to visit my family and pick up his 'new' old car.  It was Gizmo's first time in an airplane and he did fairly well.  He didn't understand why he had to stay in a small bag on the floor instead of just sitting in my lap.  He was a little scared at first.  But as long as he saw me and knew I was there, he did fine.

Georgia was hot!!  I should have brought shorts with me.  But considering a huge nasty storm had just barely left the Madison area before we went to the airport, it was only 50 degrees here.  It was nice saying hello to my family.  But the visit was too short.

And then come Sunday morning at 4 in the morning, we began our 14 hour drive home.  It was interestingly long.  At the beginning of the drive, Jared and I switched driving shifts every couple of hours, so the other person could sleep.  This left the effect of the drive feeling a little shorter than it actually was.  But we arrived in Madison at 6 pm and were glad to be home.

Then I find out that my brother was hit by a car Saturday night.  He was walking his dog when the car hit him.  He went unconscious and the next thing he remembers is being in the hospital.  You could see his skull in some places on his head and his knee took a lot of the impact.  He's lucky to be alive.  And (note this is all second-hand information and I am completely biased when it comes to the police department in the West Jordan/Murray area), it sounds like the police aren't planning on further investigation into this crime since there is little information to go off and why on Earth would good, perfect police officers want to soil their shoes over someone they consider to be a low life and not something to concern themselves over....  Mess up once, and you're a screw-up for life as far as they're concerned.  Anyways, I'm very suspicious of this incident truly being an accident.  I do think it was intentional, but I don't know the motive (but I can guess and speculate).

And then my work week came along.  Right now, we're hosting a lot of clients.  It's like a big super conference.  There's over 9000 people on the campus.  It's super-super busy.  I've been helping with some of the transportation volunteer shifts.  And let me tell you, directing traffic and telling cars to stop is scary.  Number one, they're a lot bigger and can cause a lot of damage to you.  Number two, drivers do extremely stupid things around people directing traffic that can scare the hell out of them without the driver ever realizing they did something worrisome.

Oh, and did I ever mention that I am considering getting another reconstructive surgery done on two of my fingers on my right hand?  The fingers are partially webbed, and I want to remove the webbing to give my fingers more functionality.  My doctor said she'd approve the consult to the hand surgeon when I'm ready to pursue it.

My life in a nutshell...  Hahaha.  Too much going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment