Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cast Pictures

A reminiscent post.  And it's about casts like it says.  First up is Gizmo...

This picture was probably taken the first week we got him (May 2009).  His leg had been broken for three months I think.  And he hadn't had a haircut since his leg was broken.  I had to call around to find a dog barber who would deal with a dog with a cast.

This is him after his haircut.  The bones in his leg wouldn't heal back together.  His leg was removed a month later (very horrible experience and I hope to never have to relive it).  He also happened to chew up this bed completely.  It was a nice bed until he ruined it.

Next up...  Me (because I like my baby pictures, haha)...

One of the first ( if not the first) surgeries done on my hands.  And if you honestly have no idea why I had surgery on my hands, then you don't know me too well (I have amniotic band syndrome just in case you really didn't know).


You can barely see the cast in this picture (it's the pink blimp on the left).  Being a three-year-old girl choosing the color of my next 5 casts with one simple word ("PINK!!!!").  And that is how I ended up with bright pink casts; I don't think other colors existed to me back then).

Now, why did I post pictures about casts?  Honestly, I have no idea why.  Life is boring, and I found these pictures.  And just in case you happen to fall into the category of "My dog's leg broke and is going to be removed" or "I'm about to have a baby with amniotic band syndrome," I can loan a shoulder to cry on and ears to listen to your worries.  And I can also tell you it'll be okay and life does go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment