Friday, October 1, 2010

Accent

It's more than official.  I have a Wisconsin accent.  Want to hear it?  Give me a call, and you can laugh at my dialect.  I can't help it.  I assimilate to the people around me.  And even though I'm laughing very hard when I hear those thick Wisconsin accents, I can't stop my own from starting...

How is my brother doing now?  His ACL is torn.  And he has a hairline fracture.  He needs surgery done on his knee.  But that can't be done until after the fracture heals.  So, a few extra weeks of not moving.  But at least he's okay and doing better...

A lot of traveling is coming up for me.  I'm getting nervous and oh so excited....  When I go on-site, I'll be doing 12 hour shifts in the hospitals.  So, that leaves very little time to check out the sites.  I probably won't sleep a whole lot either.  Oh well.  I'll be in Atlanta Halloween weekend.  I'm planning on going out a day early, so I can spend Saturday with my family.  Then I'll be working Halloween night and Monday night.  The night shift; we'll see how that goes (think Wisconsin accent on all of the "o" sounds - kind of nasally sounding).  And the weekend after that, I'll be in Zanesville, Ohio.  A new city.  I don't think I've ever been outside of an airport in Ohio.  So, this'll be fun.

I need a good camera to take lots of pictures.  I might actually be able to justify that if I used the camera a lot and enjoyed taking lots of random pictures.  But no, taking pictures is more extra random work for me when all I want to do is take in the sites...

No comments:

Post a Comment