Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Upside Down

Life has turned upside down for us these past few days.  We are in Salt Lake City and up at all odd hours of the night.  Also, it seems like I am allergic to Utah air and am heavily dosed with Allegra (which makes me sleep every time there's a dull moment).  And I miss my dog...

Losing a loved one is never pleasant.  This visit did not have a happy beginning nor will it have a happy ending.  But I will be grateful that I had the chance to see loved ones.  And as hard as this Easter has been for all of us, I believe it is very fitting.  Knowing Christ and knowing there is a better life awaiting us after death is what helps us through these times.

But I'm still having a difficult time.  All I want to ask is why?  Why her?  Why now?  And I know I have no right to question God and His plan, but I do.  I try to take comfort in the fact that He knows a lot more than me, so His plan is going to be a lot more better than mine.  It still hurts.

Maybe I'll post more at a later date.

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dyin'
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cause I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very
Mad world, mad world
Mad world, mad world


Brandi Harris
Rest in Peace

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when my brother died. It's very difficult to lose someone so close to you especially when it is unexpected. I had a really hard time with it and the only thing that got me through was knowing that it wasn't the end of his journey and that we would be reunited one day. God knows what is best for us and although it may be unbearable at times, we have to just keep remembering that he loves us and is only a prayer away to help us through. Lean on Jared, let him help you through this rough time. And remember that you have friends if you ever need anything. It's ok to ask for help. My love and prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete