Friday, November 12, 2010

Weekend

I have survived my twelve day work-week (done in two weeks, haha).  And my reward?  I got Friday off.  So, I've enjoyed the day being lazy and sleeping in for an hour and a half.  Gizmo had some major issues this morning and peed all over the floor.  I swear in some ways, Gizmo is slowly preparing me for kids.  He gets himself into trouble and then tries to hide from me once I've seen the mess.  And then he spends the next hour trying to please me to get back on my good side...

Anyways, Jared had the day off today also.  We went to Borders and the mall.  i realized two new books from a couple of series I've been reading came out.  I bought one of the two and will wait to buy the next book once I've caught up in reading.  We went to the mall to get our free truffles from Godiva (free with the rewards program which also free -recommend it if you want a free truffle every month).  We went to Kohl's and did a little Christmas shopping also.  I applied for my Wisconsin driver's license today.

At the DMV, one of the workers was missing hands.  I thought about asking him if it was ABS, but chances are it wasn't since he had nubs (ABS people tend to not have nubs).  And besides that, he was working and it's not like I need to be rude and point out the fact that he's different from other people.  I still haven't come up with a nice way of saying, "Look, we're the same...  Weird, abnormal hands!!"  Awkward silence and then transition into the childhood horror stories we've experienced.  I don't know.  It's just too hard to group yourself and someone else based on some abnormality because then it just constantly points to your abnormality.  Maybe I'll make a group called Abnormal Hands United and make it exclusive.  Only cool people with abnormal hands can join.  Somehow, I don't see many members joining that anytime soon...

On a more depressing note, the USU Bowling coach died last week.  It's super sad.  It's hard to believe he's gone.  He helped me improve my bowling skills (well, he helped me actually keep the ball from guttering constantly).  It's just sad.  My heart and prayers go out to his family and the USU bowling team.

Well, now that I have some free time on my hands, maybe I'll be able to clean the house...  It's a disaster zone right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment