Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Home

I am home for a couple of days...

Working 12-hour night shifts is hard.  It's also super easy to get lost in a hospital.  Trying to sleep in the day doesn't work.  I slept three hours and my mind told me the sun was up and it was time I got out of bed. I got about six hours of sleep that first morning.  Then my second night shift came.  Then I headed to the airport.  And I passed out in a very uncomfortable chair.  My phone woke me up, and I thought I had missed my flight because there were different people sitting by me.  Fortunately, it was just the flight before mine.  But needless to say, I didn't sleep well at all since I was en route to Madison.  And then I went into work for 1.5 hours and then home.  Even though my brain had shut down early on, I was surprised to see how well I was functioning yesterday.  I basically went without my bedtime, so I could readjust back to normalcy.  I went to sleep at my normal sleep schedule (I'm positive that I was out thirty seconds after putting my head on my pillow), and then my alarm woke me up for work.  It didn't feel like enough sleep though...

Overall, I very much enjoyed work in Georgia.  It was a lot of fun to work with medical professionals.  And it was informative to see how they do things.

I leave for Ohio on Friday.  Fortunately, these shifts will be during the day.  Although I'm coming to the conclusion that night shifts make it easier to check out the city and be a tourist (even though you get very little sleep).

The outside of my hotel.  It's a fountain.  And yes, it's outside even though there's a roof (hotel's above you).

An old, awesome looking Catholic church.  The front above and the side below. 


This was a either a Methodist or Lutheran church right across the street from the Catholic one.  I love old buildings.

I stink at taking pictures.  So, that's all I got.  But I'll end with one of my moments on the plane...

Having nightmares stinks.  But what's worse than that is realizing the nightmare you're having isn't a nightmare but actual reality.  Dreaming about the plane crashing only to awake to really rough turbulence scared the crap out of me (so the nightmare wasn't reality because the plane didn't actually crash)...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your job sounds very busy! It seems like you are enjoying it though. You're probably happier working than you would be with a Masters program, but I will admit that I miss you and all our other BIE classmates that graduated and moved on. Classes just aren't the same anymore... :)

    ReplyDelete