Friday, April 9, 2010

My Decision

So, I have finally come to a conclusion in my decisions...  I will not stay with Utah State to get my Master's Degree.  I have come to the conclusion that I don't really want to get my Master's Degree right now.  I don't plan on working in research either.  And the extra education I would prefer to get would be an MBA.  There is no financial aid or financial assistance from the university to get my master's.  And I refuse to take out a loan for something I only feel half-heartedly about.

Anyways, one good thing that occurred this week is I found out the results for the SWE elections.  I did get the Region Collegiate Senator position that I was hoping to get.  And I was really excited to do it, but I can't afford school.  So, I will be turning it down.  The good thing is it will be handed off to someone who I know will do an amazing job because she's all-around awesome when it comes to SWE (and anything else).

On to another note...  I've been applying for more and more jobs lately.  Last wednesday, I got a little depressed and went on a job application spree.  The good news is I got a response from one of the companies.  I have a phone interview on monday.  I hope it goes well.  I'm really hoping the company will be a good fit for me as well as me being a good fit with the company.  Either that, or I find that opportunity that's waiting for me...

We're in West Jordan tonight and tomorrow.  Enjoying the weekend.  Forgetting about school.  Forgetting about homework.  Forgetting about graduation.  Forgetting about job searches.  Forgetting about finances.  Forgetting about moving.  Releasing the stress...

No comments:

Post a Comment