Sunday, December 13, 2009

School's Out!

So, the semester has ended..  ..FINALLY!  I don't know how well I did in my biochemical engineering class.  At this point, I just hope I passed.  My physical chemistry grade was a very pleasant surprise.  I was happy after seeing that grade.  Now, the other two (modeling and senior design) should be A's or else...  At least I hope so. I'm just happy to be done with school this year.

Now all I need is for work to end.  Unfortunately, research never ends.  And I think I just happened to be stuck with the professor who doesn't believe in students having a life outside of the lab.  His phd students are required to work every single day from nine in the morning to ten at night.  However, they do get half a day off on saturdays.  I can't even imagine working every single day of my life for five years straight.  Hence, I'll never be getting my phd.  But since my fellow lab mates work so much, it makes me look like a very big slacker.  Granted I still go into the lab every single day (sometimes twice a day) for two to four hours.  But I still feel like a slacker.  And I don't plan on changing my lifestyle.  I enjoy having a life.  I enjoy being able to do my homework and get good grades.  And, needless to say, my husband is a lot more important to me than my shit-for-pay job.

So, we are going to a bowling tournament this weekend.  And I am very happy to say that my bowling has very much improved over the last few weeks.  We'll be in Vegas for the tournament.  Now, I am not a big fan of Vegas.  But maybe this time will be different, one- I'm over 21 and can enjoy the gambling and drinking (and yes, I do know how to stay within a budget) and two- I have Jared with me.  So, maybe it'll be a better experience than last time.  And if I can bowl well at the tournament, then it'll definitely be a good experience.

Now that school's out, I can go back to finishing my wedding scrapbook.  I finally got all of the pictures I needed.  And I came up with an awesome Christmas present for family that is both meaningful and cheap.  So, I'll end with a few more picture of my wedding.










No comments:

Post a Comment