Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Happenings

So, Christmas was great.  On Cortnie's birthday (Christmas Eve), Cortnie and I decorated a ginger bread house and decided we didn't want to do that again any time soon.  We also painted some canvases that we bought  from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Jared switched shifts with one of our friends at K-Mart, so he didn't have to close.  It was nice driving down to West Jordan early rather than at eleven at night.  And then Christmas came.

We got quite a few gift cards from my mom for Christmas.  I vaguely remember a time when I told her that Jared and I were struggling to find us time and the money to have date nights outside of the house.  I think she took that to heart and got us four gift cards to restaurants.  I also have another vague memory of telling her life sucks, she told me she'd take me to get ice cream if she were closer, and I told her Jared just didn't understand the need for ice cream when life pulls you down.  I got a Cold Stone gift card from her also.  Yeah, my mom is the best ever.  And I love her.

From my dad, I got my annual Holiday Barbie (I've been getting them for 11 years now - and I love them).  He also gave us towels.  As much as Jared and I laughed, I think we really needed them.  Because all of our towels are four to five years old.  And I've been wanting nice towels for quite a while but could never justify getting them.  So, it was an awesomely useful present.  I have to say my dad's pretty awesome too since he has been cheering me on through school.  I'd have to say I do have the best parents, and all-around best extendedly-psycho family.

And then off to Jared's mom's.  I got Twix candy bars.  One word:  NUMMY!!!!!!  One of the funnier gifts that made me laugh silently was some make-up stuff that I got.  If you ever listen to Jared's thoughts on make-up, you'll know he doesn't care for it.  And if given the choice, he'll tell me to go without make-up.  And for the last year (or two), I just haven't had time to put make-up on regularly in the morning (probably because I prefer my sleep over make-up).  So, maybe I will have to get into the groove and start putting make-up on in the morning.  And I'll just not worry about what Jared says.  Although I do have to be thankful that I didn't end up with some full-of-it guy who requires his woman to where make-up and look her beauty-best every single waking day.  I just ended up with the guy who prefers the completely natural look (that must mean my face is pretty enough without the make-up).  Anyways, I also got a purse from one of Jared's sisters.  Funny thing is I've been nagging Jared about wanting to get a new purse for about a week now.  He broke my last one and super-glued it back together, but the wear and tear was finally getting to it.  Now the purse wasn't my style, but if you know me, I go for practical over style.  So, it quickly became my style anyways.  It's sad that we're so far away from our families.  It's always noticeable in the small things, but oh well (we're where we are at because we want to be here - therefore we'll deal with it).  Yeah, Jared's family is pretty awesome too.  I'd have to say I love them as well.

So, my Christmas was full of practical surprises.  And a lot of love from my family was involved.  I believe I enjoyed the day.  It was a little saddening to see it all end and have to drive back up to Logan.  And then I was back at work going back to my regular-day life.  Well almost regular, I have a week and a half until school starts up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment