Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reading

I have eight books to read before the middle of August.  At least I can renew the books if necessary.  But I'm feeling the pressure considering I spend about 45-50 hours at work each week.  And I still have a husband I'd like to interact with...

I've also decided that I need more time in my life.  I have all of these plots in my head.  And I need to start writing them down.  I found an excerpt I wrote a year ago and wondered if I had really written it.  My thought process went like, "Ooh, where's the rest of this book?  I could so read this.  Oh wait, I've yet to write it."  Nice to know that I write in the kind of genre that I read.  I just never find the time for it.  Work is exhausting.  And let's face it, I enjoy reading a lot more than writing.  But one day, I'll find the time.

Now onto more pictures from vacation.  On our second day, we drove from Columbus, Indiana to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  Little did we know a semi had caught fire three hours before our journey.  Yes, it took an hour to get through a three-mile stretch of freeway that had no exits...  And the irony of it all?  On our way back, we had a two hour wait in this very same area due to another semi (spilling chemicals instead of catching fire).  So, yes, the drive was very tedious.  Anyways, we passed through Pigeon Forge which always has some interesting buildings.  We also went mini-golfing on one of our days in Gatlinburg.  If anyone knows me, we know I don't do well with a golf ball and putter.  It's amazing how many times I hit my ball off of the track (maybe not that surprising though).  And what's worse, when I tried to hit the ball carefully, it always went under the big objects that made it very difficult to get a ball out of (no normal person's ball would stop in these places).

 Bridges!!  Aren't they awesome-looking??


 What was left of the burning semi...

 Knoxville, TN (right next to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg)


 This picture is of the greenery, not the building.  The south has a type of vine that grows on everything.  People from the west have probably never seen anything like this.  It's eerily creepy sometimes...

 Why yes, that is an upside down building in Pigeon Forge...

 The Titanic has landed, in Pigeon Forge

 A view from our hotel cabin

If you want to feel good about yourself, challenge me to a round of mini-golf.  I can't guarantee to not hit you with my golf ball though...

No comments:

Post a Comment