Friday, July 15, 2011

Highlights

I got a library card on Monday.  Now I have a million books to go through in the next four weeks.  It'll be fun!!

Mosquitoes have been in hyperdrive lately.  I have a million and one bites now.

It's supposed to reach near 100 degrees next week...

Gizmo's not a fan of boarding and doggy daycare.  He gained about a half of a pound while we were on vacation.  Maybe the other dogs intimidated him because they were all bigger than him.  It took him two full days before he finally warmed back up to Jared and I.  Initially when we brought him home, he avoided us and slept in his own corner.  He wouldn't even cuddle with me.  Now, he's back to cuddling and constantly laying in my lap.

Now for some pictures from Columbus, Indiana.  Did I mention I'm an idiot when I said we were going to COSI?  We left at five in the morning all excited for COSI.  Then Jared ruined my hopes and dreams by looking at the website and telling me it was in Columbus, Ohio not Indiana.  Woops.  My bad.  Apparently I stink at looking at the correct state when trying to find interesting things to do in unknown cities.  Anyways, we ended up going downtown and wandering through the War Memorial.  They had letters from some of the soldiers who ended up being killed in action.  And let me tell you, these letters were very touching and brought tears to my eyes.  Makes me appreciate our soldiers and the sacrifices they make to keep us safe.  I believe it was a fitting end to our fifth of July...







One of my favorite quotes from one of the letters:  "They will never fully understand what war is about."  (They refers to those who didn't want to go to war and weren't oversees in the war - pretty much most Americans today.)

I'll post some more pictures from our vacation in another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment