Friday, December 24, 2010

Family

This will be the very first Christmas that we spend without family.  It's also the first time I will not be around for my sister's birthday.  But she opened her gift while I was on the phone with her, and she seemed to like it.  I'm just a little sad that I won't see family tomorrow...

For Christmas Eve, we're spending the evening with friends from church.  We'll go to the Christmas Eve service tonight and then to dinner with our friends.  It'll be fun.  Also, a great way to remember the reason for the season.

So, I was ranting over the week about how I wanted a house to call my own.  And I've come to the conclusion that the first home we buy will not be downsizing from our apartment.  Since we live somewhere very cold, an apartment is super nice because I rarely go outside (except to take the dog out).  I go to the underground garage to my car and then to the underground garage at work (effectively never going outside).  So, my requirements for our first house which will probably be the next place we move into will require a two car garage and more than one bathroom.  And if that means I have to wait another five years before I can afford that kind of home, then so be it...  I will just be thankful for the nice apartment community I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment