Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Vacation Memories


Long Beach was a lot of fun. It rained the first day we were there. But I had a lot of fun. The SWE Conference was very busy yet enjoyable. My schedule was a little more planned out than last year. Since I'm the Region Collegiate Newsletter Editor, I helped with the region meeting. Well, really, I just handed out candy. I know I have a position for the region, but I feel like I don't pull my weight when compared to the Region Collegiate Representatives. But I don't know. It's just my opinion. Anyways, I went to all of the SWE Leadership sessions. They were enjoyable. I think I might run for Region Collegiate Senator next year. I watched the open session of the Senate. And it sounded interesting. I think it'd suit my personality well. And then the Career Fair!!! That was enjoyable. It wasn't as awesome as the one last year though. But I still got a lot of freebies and such. I got a few shirts, a staple-less stapler, first aid kit, pads, pens, etc. Also, it seems that companies have done a flip when compared to last year. Last year, they only hired entry-level positions and no interns; this year, they're looking for interns and rarely hiring for entry-level. One of the cool things from the Career Fair was when I won one of the raffles (side fact: raffles are illegal in Utah). I won a $100 visa gift card. The sad thing is the card doesn't work everywhere. It doesn't work at Wal-Mart, but I've been able to use it at a few other places. I guess the card will be used for restaurants and date nights.




The pictures above were taken at one of the stations for the Metro. We took the Metro to get to the airport on the way back. And then I finally got home... Gizmo was so excited to see me. And then after he got over the fact that I was finally home, he gave me the silent treatment. He wouldn't sit by me, he would stand between Jared's legs, and he wouldn't come near me. He also ignored me for the rest of the night. I guess that's what I get when I don't take Gizmo with me, lol. But I think's he's done with the silent treatment because he now cuddles right next to me now. And he constantly wants my attention.

So, I'm having a hard time getting back into the school, work, homework, then sleep groove. It stinks. But oh well. It's not permanent. It just takes too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment