Thursday, December 29, 2011

End

2011's almost over...  It's crazy.  My trip to Georgia last week went well.  The drive on Wednesday/Thursday wasn't too bad.  No snow, but there was a major rainstorm in Tennessee.  I've also come to the conclusion that Tennessee gas stations use their toilets as grotesque ornaments.  We stopped at two different gas stations and both had clogged toilets for the women's room.  You could tell it was holiday-travel time.

I enjoyed visiting my family over the weekend.  Georgia had some nice 60 degree weather (excluding Christmas day).  It was nice to see them.  And then Christmas came and left.  I got a Nook for Christmas. I've already bought about 6 dollar books.  I'm excited.  I've also signed up for Netgalley which is a site that allows you to request books from the publishers for review (sometimes prior to publication).  I've already got two books that I need to read...  I love reading, but I don't have enough time to read as much as I want to.  So many books, so little time.

And then we drove back to Wisconsin on Monday.  A smooth, 14 hour drive.  The roads were not bad at all.  The only crowds we saw were at the gas stations waiting to stock up on gas.

Now I'm back to work.  Since Monday was a holiday and I don't get holiday pay, I'm working four tens this week.  And let me tell you, I hate ten hour shifts...  I can't wait to be back to eight hour shifts in a little over a week.

I hope you all enjoy New Year's!!  And now I'll leave you with a picture of the ornaments we got for Christmas (because they're awesome).


No comments:

Post a Comment