Thursday, November 17, 2011

Woah

So the last two days have been super busy for me...  Tuesday afternoon, I received a call about a potential job opening up.  Long story short, I met with the recruiter, had a phone interview the next day, received a job offer an hour after the interview, and will be starting the job on Monday.  Granted, it is a contract job (meaning it is planned to end in March of next year), but there's an opportunity for me to get my foot in the door and prove my worth.

Now here's the funny thing, I was looking for a laboratory/research job with a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company.  I will now be working with a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company but I will not be working in a lab.  I'll be doing technical support or something relatively similar.  It makes me laugh that both of my backgrounds (biotechnology and computer software) will be beneficial for this position.  I'm kind of excited for this.

I've also been helping with my church's nursery in the mornings these last two days.  Watching the little kids has been a lot of fun.  However two things stand out for me.  The first is being called teacher by a four-year-old (even though I wouldn't consider myself qualified for the title) is very gratifying.  The second is kids are a lot of work to watch.

I think the librarians think I'm nuts.  I've been averaging about seven books being checked out and returned in a week.  Yes, that is what I have been doing with my time - reading.  I'm predicting my reading habits are going to be greatly reduced now that I'll be busy in the daytime.  But I'm still loving this habit of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment