Sunday, May 29, 2011

A While

Well, it's been a while since I posted.  And I've sure kept busy.  I was in Lancaster last weekend.  It was a pretty, small, old town.  I enjoyed seeing all of the old buildings and walking around.  I got a few pictures.  But I am sure glad to be done with all of the traveling.  No more traveling for a long time.  I want to readjust to the home lifestyle.

Jared ended up buying me a new laptop while I was on my business trip.  I have converted to the 'evil' mac system.  It has certainly taken a lot of adjusting, but I'm slowly figuring it out.  And I'm starting to like it.

I had Friday off to recover from all of the hours I've put into work.  It was a much needed resting day...  My stress load is beginning to become more manageable.  As to whether or not I love my job, that has yet to be determined.  Only time will tell.

We planted our vegetable garden on Friday.  It took us about three hours because we had a lot of weeding to do.  We've planted tomatoes, onions, green onions, corn, red and green bell peppers, jalapeños, fresno peppers, lima beans, peas, a sugar plant, strawberries, grapes, and raspberries.  And ever since then, my wrist has been killing me.  My knees are also deeply bruised.  Hopefully, I can say it was worth it once in two months.

We went to Milwaukee yesterday.  Jared's cousin goes to school there.  That was a lot of fun.  We went to a one-of-a-kind nightclub called the Safe House.  They require a password to get in and it's like a spy/secret agency-themed restaurant.  It was definitely interesting...

And now I'm home reading my book.  I haven't read a whole lot this week.  I've been taking a break.  But now that Jared goes to Salt Lake in two days, I'll quickly pick it back up.  I don't know what I'm going to do with myself for the next week and a half.  It'll be just me and Gizmo.  I hope we survive...

Pictures from Lancaster:




My 60 oz rum and juice.  Let me tell you, I was gone after this drink.  Best thing is, I got to keep the glass.  It was awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment